The American MD Program of Tbilisi Medical State Medical University has been established in collaboration with Emory University School of Medicine (Atlanta, GA, USA). The curriculum of the American MD Program is based and operates as a partnership of Tbilisi State Medical University and Emory University School of Medicine (ESOM). Students graduate with MD degree.
- The program has gained popularity amongst younger generation aspiring to become a doctor. It provides modern Western style medical education.
- The program aims to train its students to meet the highest international recognized standards so that they can continue their medical residency training in any country they choose.
- Preparation for USMLE is one of the priorities of the program; the structure of the program facilitates and equips students with the skills and knowledge to pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS before graduation.
- Incorporation of USMLE step 1 and step 2 into the medical curriculum allows the students to begin early preparation to sit for the USMLE exams that opens the door towards United States residency opportunities.
- Students who excel throughout the education process have opportunities for clinical trainings/Clerkships at Emory University School of Medicine (Atlanta, GA, USA).
- Emory University and TSMU share experience and promote innovations in the program through regular exchange.
Advantage of the Program
- Students participate in the clinical activities from the beginning of the program.
- Summer at Emory and Winter at Emory in the first year itself, introduces American Medical Education and health care system to TSMU students. 3-4 weeks long process and opportunity to attend lectures- seminars as well as daily clinical activities of American doctors.
- In the fourth year, American MD Program Students rotate through a set of required core clerkships in Internal and Family Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Psychiatry and Neurology, etc.
- Clinical rotation allowed for students who pass first level of USML exam at Emory University School of Medicine (Atlanta, GA, USA).
- Provide students with clinical and research skills from the early stages of program
- Students who have passed both steps of USMLE have rights to participate in the competition of residency in USA.
|Duration of the Program||6 years|
|Tuition Fee Per Year||13500 US$|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the 12th grade or equivalent exam.|
Admission Process at TSMU
- Admission Process is very simple
- No entrance exam; No donation
- Visit the contact us page and leave a message for us
- Email the required documents as mentioned in the document required section
- Candidates will be provided with the interview date after all documents have been submitted and approved
- Candidates documents will be processed for Ministry approvals
- After Ministry approvals, candidate will be provided with an invitation letter
- Scan of 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Scan of latest colour Photo with white background
- Scan of valid passport (Name, address, visa page)
- Scan of 12th migration or transfer copy
- Additional documents if required will be informed later
Living expenses in Georgia
Living cost in Georgia depends on your personal lifestyle and the locality you live.
- Food cost on an average would be 100 - 140 USD on monthly basis
- Monthly sharing accommodation rent amounts to 175 – 250 per student per month depending on the type of apartment
- Visa Cost and Insurance will cost around 150 USD